Media Censor Crisis in Post 2021 Afghanistan-Testing Team D

Freedom of expression means the right to express the theory, the right to hold protest rallies!
These rights have been removed from women since two years ago
This has been one of the most critical situations for Afghan women
Women do not have the right to hold gatherings and appear in the media wearing a veil, and even in some provinces, women have been denied the right to appear in the media.

In Afghanistan, there is censorship in major media such as television, radio and online media. This censorship is applied due to influencing the audience and their attitudes towards political, social and cultural issues in the country.

In my opinion, the scope of media activity should be limited to themselves. A law should be approved that no political or government body has the right to interfere in the executive affairs and news of the media. If the government and the political process are directly involved in the activities of the media, I can confidently say that no media will reflect the facts.

So what is your attitude about such censorships? Do you have consent notification or not?

Your words are confirmed. Visual and audio media need international support. But the commitment of the media is also a condition.

Exactly. As a citizen of a country, we should be aware of all the political, economic and social aspects of the country and the world. Personally, if I am not aware of the state of the world and my country, it is as if I am deaf, blind and dumb.

Undoubtedly, they control the domestic media. If a media broadcasts news against the Taliban government, then the Fatiha of that media will be read

Censorship exists in the media all over the world and it cannot be said that freedom of speech exists in every society in an absolute way. During the last two decades, freedom of expression in Afghanistan was unparalleled in the countries of the region and the world. But during the last two years, censorship in the media has increased. The Ministry of Information and Culture strictly monitors the activities of the media. There are still many restrictions for female journalists in the country, which is a form of censorship.

What do you think is the reason for this?

So, I think the best way to solve this crisis is planning, practical work and creating a reliable institution in the country.

But do you think that in present government its possible to do it?

Yes, creating private communication channels is a good solution to media censorship.
Social media is a great step forward for freedom of expression.
If we skip the censorship of domestic media such as radio and television; Today’s social media has removed access and restriction and this is a good way to expand freedom of expression.

2 Likes