Day 1: Post-Lecture Interactive Session_Team A2

Thank you for attending pre-lecture, and lecture sessions, and welcome to post-lecture interactive session!

Overview:
*In this session, please review and discuss the key points discussed in today’s lecture.

Discussion Schedule and Guidelines:
This session will run from 4:10 to 4:50 PM.
Please read and respond to each other’s comments thoughtfully.

1 Like

In today’s lecture we learn about literacy type of literacy and literacy refers to the ability to read and write. It involves understanding and using written language for communication, information, and expression…

1 Like

Hello again everyone I hope the lesson was useful for you

First of all, a definition for literacy and different kinds of literacy could be, Literacy refers to the ability to read, write, and comprehend information. It is a fundamental skill that enables individuals to engage with written text, symbols, and numbers.

Type of literacy is following…

1.Reading Literacy:Ability to understand and interpret written text.
2.Digital Literacy:Proficiency in using digital technologies and information.
3.Financial Literacy:Understanding and managing financial matters.
4.Media Literacy:Analyzing and critically evaluating information from various media sources.
5. Health Literacy: Ability to obtain, understand, and use health-related information.

1 Like

One of the important kind of literacy is Media literacy which involves critically analysing and interpreting media messages across various forms, including print, digital, audio, and visual media and it’s not 100% true most of the time.

1 Like

Hello every one! Thank you sir

1 Like

Can you tell me which one is the most important one and why ?

First of all Hello to every indevidual, I would appreciate for being available in this course and I achived and receive alot regarding social media and other social media tools such as TV, Magazine, Journal and etc…

1 Like

Can you tell me how we know that it is wrong and where it is wrong?

I think all of them are more important and useful.

Drear teacher
Could you tell me how information converted to knowledge?

Important skills for media literacy are as follow:
Critical thinking, we should analyse media content critically and should question assumptions and biases.
Awareness of bias and perspective, we should recognize biases and perspectives present in media content.

Yes of course, we should have skills like:
Critical thinking, we should analyse media content critically and should question assumptions and biases.
Awareness of bias and perspective, we should recognize biases and perspectives present in media content.

Okay Thankyou

It’s right but as we all know, people and young generation are using social media way more much and it affects them a lot.

Information cycle are :
1:news
2: magazine
3:journal
4: books

The other point we learn today is about media literacy and media literacy is the ability to access, analyze, evaluate, and create media content in various forms, including print, digital, and social media. It involves understanding how media messages are constructed, the purposes they serve, and the potential impact they can have on individuals and society. Media literacy also includes developing critical thinking skills to discern between reliable and unreliable information, recognizing bias, and being aware of the influence of media on perceptions and attitudes.