Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1I

The Taliban may see the closure of women’s schools as a way to solidify their base of support among conservative factions. By implementing strict policies, they aim to demonstrate their commitment to their ideological principles.

What do you think are the primary reasons for the Taliban’s deviation from the core teachings of Islam, particularly regarding the education of girls?

Islam does not support the exclusion of women and girls from education. Nowhere in Islamic teachings does it say that women and girls should be deprived of education? Many Islamic scholars and texts emphasize the importance of education for both men and women and that knowledge is a basic right and duty for all Muslims.

I thing just they misuse from islam religious and want to make bad islam name and they want to implement thier political aims

I appreciate your perspective, and you raise some important points regarding the Taliban’s policies and their alignment with Islamic teachings. Here are a few additional points to consider:
1.Historical Context: Throughout history, many Islamic civilizations have placed a strong emphasis on education. The Golden Age of Islam saw significant advancements in science, mathematics, and philosophy, driven by scholars of all backgrounds. This historical precedent underscores that education has always been valued in Islamic culture.
2.Diverse Interpretations: Islam is not monolithic; there are diverse interpretations and practices among Muslims worldwide. Many communities and scholars advocate for gender equality and the right to education, demonstrating that the Taliban’s interpretation is not representative of the broader Muslim community.
3.Quran if Teachings: The Quran encourages the pursuit of knowledge. For instance, the first word revealed to Prophet Muhammad was “Iqra,” which means “read.” This highlights the importance of literacy and education in Islam, applicable to both men and women.
4.Impact on Society: Educating girls has profound implications for society as a whole. Studies show that when girls are educated, they contribute positively to economic development, health outcomes, and community stability. Denying girls education hampers societal progress.
5.Global Muslim Voices: Many Muslim leaders and organizations around the world actively advocate for girls’ education and women’s rights, countering the Taliban’s narrative. Their voices demonstrate that there is a strong commitment within the Muslim community to uphold the rights of all individuals to access education.
6.Human Rights Perspective: Education is a fundamental human right recognized by international conventions. The global community continues to advocate for this right, emphasizing that denying education based on gender is a violation of basic human rights.
By highlighting these points, we can further illustrate the disconnect between the Taliban’s policies and the broader values of Islam and humanity as a whole.

Yes I agee wirh you

Thanks

In my opinion, the closure of schools and universities to girls by the Taliban is a tactic to exert pressure on the international community for recognition. By leveraging the deprivation of education for girls, they aim to force global entities to engage with and acknowledge their regime. This strategy underscores the broader political motives behind their restrictive policies, which are not rooted in genuine religious doctrine.

You said accurately that’s why they created more religious schools, but if they teach themselves, it’s not a sin

You are right, if we look at it from a historical point of view, this kind of thing has not been done by Islamic governments throughout history, on the contrary, all governments have emphasized the education of girls and said that girls are half of the society and should be educated.

I agree. The Taliban’s use of education restrictions as a tactic to pressure the international community for recognition seems to be driven by political motives rather than genuine religious doctrine.

What do you think would be the most effective way for the international community to respond to these tactics while still advocating for the rights of girls and women in Afghanistan?

In my opinion, they created the religious school in order to avoid more problems

The Taliban’s deviation from the core teachings of Islam, particularly regarding the education of girls, can be attributed to several interrelated factors:
1.Interpretation of Islamic Texts: The Taliban adheres to a strict and literal interpretation of Islamic texts, often influenced by specific cultural and historical contexts. This interpretation can lead to a restrictive view of women’s roles and rights, which contrasts with more progressive interpretations that advocate for gender equality and education.
2.Cultural Traditions: In some areas of Afghanistan, traditional cultural norms may prioritize patriarchal structures and limit women’s roles in society. The Taliban’s policies often reflect these cultural attitudes rather than the broader teachings of Islam, which emphasize the importance of education for all.
3.Political Power Dynamics: The Taliban’s rise to power is closely tied to their desire to establish control and authority. By enforcing strict rules regarding women’s education and behavior, they aim to consolidate their power and appeal to their base, which may support these regressive policies.

I am agree with islam and all islamic countries emphasize for education of girls

1 Like

I agree with you

1 Like

In my opinion, the only solution for this big problem is the recognition of the Taliban government, because if it is recognized, on the condition that it opens schools for girls, then the problem will be solved.

I agree with you

thanks

thanks

Economic challenges in Afghanistan may lead the Taliban to prioritize resources for male education and other initiatives over female education, reflecting broader systemic issues within the country