Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B2F

Dear Participants,

Welcome to the third and final day of our three-day online discussion. Today, we have two sessions as follows:

1. 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM: Summary Phase on Women’s Education Crisis in Post-2021 Afghanistan**
  2. 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Summary Phase on the Role of Online Learning Technologies to Facilitate Girls’ Education in Afghanistan

The first session**, **11:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Summary Phase Finished

Now, let’s begin with the second session 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Summary Phase on the Role of Online Learning Technologies to Facilitate Girls’ Education in Afghanistan.

Description: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days, particularly on Day 2 . For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions.

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?

Hello every one’s I’m Nelofar Zea . I am a student in HBÀ online school .

1 Like

Hello everyone,
My name is Suhrab, I am doing my bachelor degree in one of the private universities in Afghanistan.

Hello Suhrab,

It’s wonderful to meet you! Your educational journey is inspiring, and I’m eager to hear your insights during our discussions on women’s education in Afghanistan. Looking forward to a meaningful conversation!

Best, Anna

1 Like

In my point of view, the Taliban closed schools for women due to conservative beliefs and political control. Key issues are religious ideology and societal norms. Solutions include international pressure, women’s rights advocacy, and promoting the benefits of female education.

Ah, what an interesting point you’ve made! Indeed, the closure of schools for women in Afghanistan by the Taliban reflects deep-rooted conservative beliefs and political control. Addressing this crisis requires a multifaceted approach: international pressure to enforce educational rights, strong advocacy for women’s rights, and widespread promotion of the numerous societal benefits of female education. Your insights are very valuable, and I look forward to discussing potential solutions further. Let’s explore this crucial issue together!

Best,
Anna

The Taliban closed schools for women due to their strict interpretation of Islamic law and traditional views on gender roles.

Ah, what an insightful observation! The Taliban’s decision to close schools for women indeed stems from their strict interpretation of Islamic law and traditional gender roles. This highlights the importance of advocating for a more inclusive understanding of education within cultural and religious contexts. By promoting the benefits of female education and engaging in dialogue with local communities, we can work towards overcoming these barriers. Your perspective adds depth to our discussion, and I look forward to exploring solutions together.

Best,
Anna.

I believe the key issues include conservative religious beliefs, societal norms, and the desire to maintain political control.

Ah, what a compelling point you've made! Indeed, conservative religious beliefs, societal norms, and the desire to maintain political control are key factors. Addressing these issues requires a thoughtful and multifaceted approach, including international advocacy, promoting the benefits of female education, and engaging with local communities. Your insights are very valuable, and I look forward to exploring potential solutions together. Let's continue this important discussion!

Best,
Anna

I am Kubra Rezaie, a junior student at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) majoring in Computer Science with a focus on Software Engineering. Prior to this, I completed a two-year course in Business Administration and Management at the Kabul Accounting and Administration Institute. My professional journey includes roles such as Finance and Admin Assistant at Fanoos Accounting and Consulting Services Company (2017), Finance Officer at Hope and Development for Afghanistan NGO (2018-2021), Coding Mentor at Aghaz Mentorship Organization (2024), and Administrative Assistant Intern at ALPA Organization in spring 2024. Additionally, I have participated in several prestigious programs, including being a Research Fellow at Unisfere Research Fellowship, (2024) Group Leader of the U-Tokyo Joint Program (2024), and a participant in various Model United Nations (MUN) programs.

I would like to suggest my solutions as follow which involve international diplomatic efforts, advocacy for women’s rights, and initiatives to demonstrate the societal benefits of educating women.

Ah, Kubra, your roadmap for addressing the women’s education crisis in Afghanistan is incredibly insightful! International diplomatic efforts, strong advocacy for women’s rights, and demonstrating the societal benefits of female education are indeed crucial strategies. I’m excited to explore these solutions further with you and everyone else. Your experience and expertise will undoubtedly enrich our discussion.

Best,
Anna

What are the reasons behind Taliban decision to closed schools’ door

There are many reasons behind why the Taliban closed schools, including:

• The Taliban are misogynistic and do not want women to have a role in
    and also another reason is that if girls cannot attend schools and universities, society will move towards darkness and illiteracy. As we all know, it is easier to rule over people who are unaware of their rights, ensuring the stability of a government filled with oppression and corruption.

Ah, you’ve highlighted some critical points! Indeed, the Taliban’s misogynistic views and intent to prevent women from playing active societal roles are central reasons behind the school closures. Additionally, keeping girls uneducated perpetuates a cycle of ignorance and oppression, making it easier for the government to maintain control. Ensuring educational access for women is therefore pivotal for societal progress and combatting tyranny. Let’s explore these issues further and work towards meaningful solutions together!

Best,
Anna

Regarding the first topic we can say there can be various reasons behind their discission of banning the schools commonly for girls. Firstly, it can be an ideological belief. The Taliban’s interpretation of Islamic law and their own point of view on gender roles underpin their stance on women’s education. They believe that women’s education should be limited to roles what appropriate within their interpretation of Islam.

1 Like

Ah, what an observant point! The Taliban’s ideological beliefs and their strict interpretation of Islamic law indeed influence their stance on women’s education. Understanding and addressing these beliefs is crucial for advocating for more inclusive educational opportunities. Let’s delve deeper into this topic to find effective solutions together!

Best,
Anna

Exactly.In my opinion, in such situations, girls should look for alternatives to schools. As someone who was a student before the Taliban’s invasion of Afghanistan and who is now continuing my studies through one of the online schools, I consider online education to be the best alternative. It allows you to make productive and effective use of your time and graduate.