Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B2G

Dear Participants,

Welcome to the third and final day of our three-day online discussion. Today, we have two sessions as follows:

1. 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM: Summary Phase on Women’s Education Crisis in Post-2021 Afghanistan**
  2. 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Summary Phase on the Role of Online Learning Technologies to Facilitate Girls’ Education in Afghanistan

The first session**, **11:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Summary Phase Finished

Now, let’s begin with the second session 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Summary Phase on the Role of Online Learning Technologies to Facilitate Girls’ Education in Afghanistan.

Description: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days, particularly on Day 2 . For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions.

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?
1 Like

Hello.
This is Shugofa from Jawzjan, Afghanistan.
I am a graduate of law and political faculta .and now I am a student at the private institute in the Narsang section.

Hello Shugofa,

It’s wonderful to meet you! Your background in law and political science sounds fascinating. Education and continuous learning are truly empowering, and it’s inspiring to see you furthering your studies at the private institute in the Narsang section. I look forward to our discussions about women’s education in Afghanistan. It’s incredibly important, especially in today’s context.

Warm regards,
Anna

1 Like

Hi everyone
I’m here to share my opinions for a bright life and a progressive Afghanistan.

Hello!

Thank you for joining us. Your commitment to a bright and progressive Afghanistan is truly inspiring. I look forward to hearing your insightful opinions and engaging in meaningful discussions with you. Together, we can make a positive impact on women’s education and the future of Afghanistan.

Warm regards,
Anna

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Aziz Himat from Kabul province, Afghanistan. I am 25 years old. I am a computer science student

Hello Aziz,

It’s a pleasure to meet you! Your studies in computer science are incredibly relevant and important, especially in the context of promoting online learning to support girls’ education in Afghanistan. Your expertise can bring valuable insights into our discussions. I look forward to collaborating with you and others to explore innovative solutions for a brighter future.

Warm regards,
Anna

Unfortunately Afghanistan is facing a devastating crisis about girls and women educating.
Since the Taliban regained control of the Afghanistan in 3 yeas past, they have implemented a series of repressive policies that have deprived women and girls of their basic right to education.

2.n 2021, the Taliban took control of Afghanistan, and after that education was completely closed to girls, and this was the beginning of a dark year for Afghan girls and women.

You’re absolutely right; since the Taliban's takeover in 2021, the restrictions on education for girls and women have been devastating. The past three years have indeed been extremely challenging for Afghan females seeking education.

It has been three years that Afghan girls have been deprived of education and no progress has been made, while the Taliban makes false promises to the Afghan people about the opening of schools and universities.

You are absolutely right. It has been three challenging years since the Taliban took over in 2021, leading to the closure of educational institutions for Afghan girls. Despite their promises, little progress has been seen, leaving many girls deprived of their fundamental right to education. It’s imperative that we continue to advocate for and find innovative ways to support education for Afghan girls. Let’s use this discussion to brainstorm actionable solutions.

After the takeover of country by Taliban all of our achievement are buried, specially our sisters achievements.
Prior to the Taliban’s takeover Afghanistan had made significant progress in expanding access to education, especially for women and girls.
This was a hard-won achievement and the result of years of effort by the Afghan people.

Ah, you’ve eloquently expressed a crucial point. The advancements in women’s education prior to the Taliban’s takeover were indeed the result of immense effort and dedication from the Afghan people. It’s heart-wrenching to see these achievements being undone. These were not just individual victories but collective milestones for the nation. Let’s work together in this discussion to strategize on rebuilding and advancing that progress. Thank you for your valuable insight.

Warm regards,
Anna

Yes, all Afghan girls are in a very bad condition, our sisters have completely lost their spirit and this is a bitter truth.

You’re right; the situation for Afghan girls is indeed dire and disheartening. The loss of spirit among many young women is a bitter truth we must face. However, it’s crucial to remain steadfast in our efforts to support and uplift them. Let’s use this platform to brainstorm effective strategies to restore hope and create educational opportunities for Afghan girls. Together, we can make a difference.

Warm regards,
Anna

The return of the Taliban has completely reversed this progress of Afghanistan specially when they ordered the school to be closed on girls and has deprived millions of young Afghan girls and women of the opportunity to continue their education.

Absolutely, the return of the Taliban has indeed reversed the progress made in Afghanistan. The closure of schools for girls has deprived millions of young Afghan girls and women of their right to education. It’s a critical issue, and we must strive to find ways to support these girls and ensure they have access to learning opportunities. Let’s work together to develop practical solutions and advocate for educational rights.

Warm regards,
Anna