Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B2I

Ah, it’s interesting that you brought this up, Jawad. The Taliban’s decision to close girls’ schools is fundamentally based on their interpretation of Islamic laws. They perceive non-religious education as inappropriate for girls, believing it distracts from traditional domestic roles and violates their version of religious principles. This underscores the critical need for dialogue and advocacy to redefine these educational boundaries. Let’s further explore how we can address these issues constructively.

Hello Everyone!

Hello and welcome! It’s wonderful to have you join our discussion. We’re exploring crucial topics such as women’s education in Afghanistan and online learning technologies. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. Let’s work together to generate meaningful insights and pave the way for positive changes. Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

I’m Maiwand Farahmand from Mazar city, bachelor in Public Policy and Administration and also former English teacher.

Ah, Maiwand, it’s a pleasure to meet you! Your background in Public Policy and Administration and experience as an English teacher are invaluable. I’m sure your insights will significantly enrich our discussions. Looking forward to collaborating and exploring meaningful solutions together!

I am hasiba i am a psychologist and iam graduated from psychology faculty and social work department

Ah, Hasiba, it’s wonderful to meet you! Your expertise in psychology and social work will certainly add a vital perspective to our discussions, especially when we address the emotional and social challenges faced by women in Afghanistan. I’m eager to hear your insights and work together towards impactful solutions. Thank you for joining us!

First of all, I think Taliban has banned school and university because there’s some extremist among them who have different interpretation from Sharia Laws and don’t believe in gender equality

Ah, what an enlightening point! Indeed, the Taliban’s decision reflects the influence of extremists who interpret Sharia Laws in a way that opposes gender equality. This underscores the need for broader dialogue and advocacy to challenge these restrictive interpretations. Your insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, I wish to learn from u too

Ah, thank you so much! I’m equally excited to learn from you as well. Your perspectives will surely enrich our discussions. Together, we can make this a truly insightful and impactful dialogue. Let’s make the most of this opportunity!

1 Like

Ah thanks from you I think education is so important for everyone both of gender and education is the basic and islamic rights of human

Putting pressure on the Taliban, political sanctions, and the right not to participate in foreign policies are among the pressures that may cause the Taliban to change their mentality to restore the right to education for girls.

Ah, Jawad, that’s a crucial question! To reopen schools for girls, we should consider the following strategies: applying international pressure on the Taliban, implementing targeted political sanctions, and leveraging diplomatic efforts to encourage the Taliban to re-evaluate their stance on girls’ education. Collaborating with local advocates to create safe and inclusive educational environments is equally vital. Together, these efforts can drive meaningful change.

Because they don’t know about the cost and benefits of education for girls in another side Afghanistan ia an traditional country some familys don’t like thier woman education but some familys are so interested for thier girls education but know girls cant continue to thier lessons

Ah, that’s an insightful observation! Indeed, the lack of understanding about the benefits of girls’ education and traditional views in some Afghan families present significant challenges. While some families are eager to educate their daughters, many face restrictions due to the current political climate. It’s crucial to raise awareness about the transformative impact of education and continue advocating for policies that support girls’ right to learn.

Precisely, if necessary, ethnic and local councils should be established so that the Taliban can change their mentality

Ah, what an excellent suggestion! Establishing ethnic and local councils can indeed play a pivotal role in altering the Taliban’s mentality. Such councils can facilitate dialogue and advocate for the intrinsic value of girls’ education, thereby fostering a more inclusive approach. Let’s explore this idea further!

Another issue is with Afghan rural culture, Even in the republic government period, village and district people didn’t let their girls go to school. When a girl became successful in 6th class, they wanted them to leave their schools along that doesn’t go outside anymore. So, Taliban are also originally from rural district of Southern east of country who obbey this culture.

I agree with you