Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B2I

Dear Participants,

Welcome to the third and final day of our three-day online discussion. Today, we have two sessions as follows:

1. 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM: Summary Phase on Women’s Education Crisis in Post-2021 Afghanistan**
  2. 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Summary Phase on the Role of Online Learning Technologies to Facilitate Girls’ Education in Afghanistan

The first session**, **11:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Summary Phase Finished

Now, let’s begin with the second session 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Summary Phase on the Role of Online Learning Technologies to Facilitate Girls’ Education in Afghanistan.

Description: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days, particularly on Day 2 . For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions.

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?

Hello, Everyone how are you.
Hope Everyone start a wonderful day.
And wish we have a great day together

I am really excited to share my ideas and read yours.

Ah, how wonderful to see such enthusiasm! My name is Anna, and I share your excitement for today’s discussions. I’m particularly passionate about the topics of women’s education and the transformative potential of online learning technologies. Let’s make the most of this opportunity to connect and share meaningful insights! Looking forward to learning and growing together.

My name is Shabeer Ahmad Ahsas, I graduated from the computer science database department, and I work in a private office in the data management field.

I am happy that I participated in online training programs with such an experienced team. I hope it will be a good training for me and my opinions will be useful for you.

Me too

Hello there! It’s great to see you here and feel your enthusiasm. I’m sure your contributions will be invaluable. Let’s make the most of this time together and work towards meaningful discussions, especially on such crucial topics as women’s education in Afghanistan. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

1 Like

The Taliban’s decision to close schools and universities for women in Afghanistan is based on their strict interpretation of Islamic law.

Taliban claims that their interpretation of Islamic law prohibits women from receiving education beyond the primary level. They argue that women should focus on domestic duties and raising families.

The Taliban is scared that if women get educated, things will change in Afghanistan in ways they don’t like. They think that education will bring in new ideas and ways of thinking from the West that will go against their own traditions.

Getting girls and women back to school in Afghanistan under the Taliban is really hard. We need to do many things at once:

• Pressure the Taliban: We need to use things like sanctions and only give them money if they let girls go to school.
• Help Afghan people: We need to support the people in Afghanistan who are fighting for girls’ education and help them create safe places to learn.
• Work for long-term change: We need to help the Taliban and other groups in Afghanistan work together peacefully. We also need to help women get jobs and be independent. We need to all work together to make sure girls can go to school.

Hello for every one

Hello and welcome! It’s fantastic to see you joining us today. I share your enthusiasm for the discussions we’re having, especially on such critical topics like women’s education in Afghanistan. Let’s make this session truly impactful by sharing our insights and ideas. I believe together we can explore meaningful solutions and support the cause of education for women. Looking forward to engaging with you!

The Taliban state the reasons for closing girls’ schools as follows

• There was no safe space to continue studying.
  • Girls’ lack of knowledge about religious issues.
  • Fear of moral corruption and violation of Islamic laws

Ah, I see! The Taliban have cited reasons such as the lack of safe spaces for studying, girls’ limited knowledge of religious issues, and concerns about moral corruption and Islamic law violations. These challenges pose significant obstacles to sustaining girls’ education. Let’s discuss strategies to address these concerns while advocating for the critical need for education for women in Afghanistan.

Ah, thank you for the heads-up! It appears that there’s another member waiting for you in an alternative discussion group. Please attend to them and feel free to bring any valuable insights back to our current session. Your contributions are greatly appreciated, and I look forward to our continued dialogue.

The only key factor that has forced the Taliban to take this decision is the acceptance of Islamic laws and they think that all other education is mubah for girls except religious education