Day 1: Post-Lecture Interactive Session_Team A3

Absolutely, media literacy is indispensable in today’s digital age. It equips individuals with essential skills to navigate the vast sea of media content, enabling them to distinguish between credible sources and misinformation. By fostering critical thinking and promoting active citizenship, media literacy empowers us to make informed decisions and engage responsibly with the information we encounter. It’s remarkable how it enhances our communication abilities and helps mitigate the spread of misinformation, ultimately contributing to a more informed and connected society.

1 Like

The issue that was very important to me is the issue of framing. How the media can use framing to change people thinking and control their mind.

Definitely it’s true

I respectfully disagree. While online courses and self-study can be valuable tools for learning, they may not always provide the structured guidance and interactive experiences that classroom settings offer. Collaborative learning environments, facilitated by knowledgeable instructors, often foster deeper understanding and critical engagement with the subject matter. Additionally, the opportunity to exchange ideas and perspectives with fellow learners enriches the educational experience in ways that self-study alone cannot replicate.

1 Like

And Also I would say that Media literacy refers to the ability to access, analyze, evaluate, and create media in various forms, including print, digital, and visual content. It involves understanding how media messages are constructed, consumed, and used, as well as being able to critically interpret and interact with them.

Yas i am agree with you at the past i continue my education in online courses and I am vary happy because i can learn something

Literacy is very important in using today’s resources for education.
a person can access the knowledge of his interest by using a mobile phone, and this is directly related to his media literacy, and to what extent he can use it.
Free and online courses are everywhere.

To acquire critical literacy and develop a logical, critical view about a subject in media, consider reading this book(Critical-Thinking by Moore & Parker). below is link to the book.

1 Like

Quick question everybody
what are some effective strategies for teaching media literacy to different age groups and demographics?

1 Like

Okay i agree with you , But what do you think the girls should do in Afghanistan in current situation should they stay home and do nothing or they join online classes and be active

Yes unforchantly today womans can not read lesson but we can by technology lerned very thinks like by online training we contunu our lesson

Yes I am agree with you soo we can continue our education by technology with our phone

advantages of using social media:

• Increasing social connections and creating new relationships
  • Increasing awareness of events and news
  • Creating business opportunities and online advertising
  • Creating a flexible, open, and interactive community
  • Increasing features and capabilities

Social networks not only give us the opportunity to strengthen social connections, but they also offer other benefits. Continuing the benefits:

• Educational opportunities: Many social networks have the capability to create educational groups and pages where users can share their knowledge and information.
1 Like

Sorry frinds our discation fnish or no

Yes dear

1 Like

What I learned from today’s lecture is that we should not believe the news or information we received until we have reached the first and correct source. And if anyone want to reach to the first and reliable source should have the media literacy.

Through television, we can show the right or wrong cultures of the society

1 Like

Teaching media literacy is crucial in today’s digital age, where individuals are constantly bombarded with information from various sources. Media literacy helps individuals critically analyze and evaluate media messages, understand how media shapes perceptions and influences behavior, and make informed decisions about the media they consume.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Yes.
Unfortunately, the lack of media literacy makes people believe the information that is broadcast on TV.
for example: they show today’s wars for their benefit to the people.