Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1D

Nearly three years have passed since the Taliban closed the doors of schools to girls from the sixth grade onwards in Afghanistan. In light of this ongoing crisis, we will discuss the following from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM today.

Description and the time schedule:

1:30 PM -4:00 PM Summary Phase: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days. For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions:

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?

Not having the right to education and training for girls has always been a hot issue in Afghanistan, which reached its peak after 2021 and the opponents of science succeeded in keeping girls at home.

The Taliban stopped girls’ education beyond sixth grade because they said it didn’t comply with their interpretation of Islamic law, or Sharia .

The denial of education and training rights for girls in Afghanistan has indeed been a longstanding and contentious issue. This crisis intensified significantly after 2021, as those opposing education managed to impose restrictions that have confined girls to their homes.

1 Like

Hello to all my name is Aqila Hussaini and i live in Kabul right now. I have copleated six semestee at psychology in Balkh university but due to Taliban i cant get my degree and its really hurt me. Now i wana apply for some scholership and contiue my education.

The Taliban probably shut down schools for women because of their rigid interpretation of Islamic law and traditional gender roles.

As far as I know the key reasons include their ideological beliefs, desire to control societal norms, and efforts to consolidate political power.

I believe in the following solutions address this issue include applying international pressure, engaging in diplomatic negotiations, advocating for women’s rights, and supporting local educational initiatives.

In the world, in addition to the fact that education is recognized as a basic human right, education up to the secondary level is also compulsory in many countries.

Its compleatly speacified that education is the element of prove and extand. But taliban dont wana Afghanistan geew up cause it hurt them, cause they cant control the Afghanistan any more. So they want to people of Afghanistan also donot improve thier skills.
Other basic reason is their belive system against woment they think women are just things or evil not an independent human.

Yes i agree with you. Other contry should provid scholership for Afghan girls if they really want help us or concern about us. Also the online education is a best altenative if national and internationl NGOs provid some grand and program

The needs and requirements of societies are numerous, according to their nature, a major part of the needs can only be met by the female class, examples of which can be traced in different dimensions of social life.
medicine
the police
Education
and other social matters

Studies show that families with educated couples experience more growth, prosperity and pleasure in life than illiterate couples.

As a human being, girls should be allowed to study in order to have a peaceful life worthy of human dignity and to meet their daily needs.

at all if we ourself dont figure out our contru will destroy as will us. In this situation every thing that can help us to prove our self and our economy is the best way. The situation will change slowly if we dont give up

Hello and warm wishes,
I am Shekiba Haidari, form Badakhshan province and now I live in Kabul. I am bachelor of economy(BBA department.

Indeed, education is widely recognized as a fundamental human right, and in many parts of the world, it is mandatory up to the secondary level. This underscores the importance of ensuring that everyone, regardless of gender, has access to education.

I think Taliban have different reasons behind closing the girls schools, one reason that I emphasis the most is that, most of the Taliban are illiterate, I mean maybe they can read and right, but it is not enough and we can’t say they are illiterate, because Taliban don’t know the value of knowledge and education, they can’t realize that education is like a light for all people to find their way in darkness ,they can’t understand without education people and societies are not alive.

Thank you for your stance. Economic and political sanctions could be effective in pressuring the Taliban to change their policies. Denying financial aid and imposing targeted political sanctions on their leaders might compel them to reconsider their actions.

yeah, logical reason