Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1E

Nearly three years have passed since the Taliban closed the doors of schools to girls from the sixth grade onwards in Afghanistan. In light of this ongoing crisis, we will discuss the following from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM today.

Description and the time schedule:

1:30 PM -4:00 PM Summary Phase: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days. For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions:

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?

Hello everyone, this is mostafa mushtaq I am glad to discuss here with you guys. Thank you

The reason that they are saying is the “shariya” but i think closing the schools doors for females is their personal benefits.

Maybe the money that they’re receiving worldwidly is supporting them to keep closed the education doors.

As i think being united could help them but getting attention from all over the world also can help.

Hello, and I hope you are doing the best,
this is Zabi and I am glad to be here to discuss this vital issue.

The Taliban closed schools for women due to their strict interpretation of Sharia law, desire to consolidate power, adherence to patriarchal cultural norms, and use of education restrictions as a tool for political control and negotiation.

1 Like

The Taliban’s decision is supported by their strict interpretation of Islamic law, desire for control, traditional cultural views, and using education restrictions as a way to assert power and negotiate.

To get girls’ schools reopened, we could try using international pressure, getting local leaders to support education, setting up online learning options, offering financial help, making schools safer, and getting global support to push for change.

Hello everyone,
This is Michelle Popalzai I am glad to be a part of such discussion.

I believe the reason behind closing schools for girls in Afghanistan is largely due to social and cultural norms. It’s more about these factors than religious reasons, as nowhere in Sharia law does it state that girls should not go to school.

The main supporter of the Taliban in making the decision was a group of people who had the same mentality as them. They never wanted their girls and women to get educated and know their rights. Social norms could also be a key factor behind this decision.

A key solution that may resolve these issues would be the support of foreign countries for NGOs working in the education field for women and girls. The UN should reach our voices to everyone. So, no one should officially recognize the Taliban government.

Definitely right sentence, the main reason of banned education for females is to control the political situation.

The taliban have a very diffrent mindset about girls education, they don’t want their own women to get education as well

Sure the NGO’s could help somehow to reach the goal.

The taliban have a worse political strategies that’s why they closed the education doors for females for their own benefits

Hello everyone,

I think one of the reasons that Taliban don’t let women to learn education, is that they are very close mind and this issue can make them not to allow women to learn, work outside and be independent.
Taliban says:that women or girls are for doing house chores not for working outside.

Hello again…!