Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1F

Nearly three years have passed since the Taliban closed the doors of schools to girls from the sixth grade onwards in Afghanistan. In light of this ongoing crisis, we will discuss the following from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM today.

Description and the time schedule:

1:30 PM -4:00 PM Summary Phase: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days. For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions:

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?

Hello friends, I am Sohail Dawoodi. I am 20 years old and I am currently a software student at Herat University. And I still live in the city of Herat. I am still a programmer and have worked on several group projects. And I hope this short introduction is enough for identification.

Hello everyone, I am too glad today I am sharing my opinions with you all.

nice to have you

Hi dear friends i hope all of you be fine .
My name is khateebullah Amini i am from kabul now i also live in kabul city .i am 28 years old Now i am student of Dunya university i study BBA field and i work as HR Assistant in local NGO .

The crisis of women’s and girls’ right to access to education after 2021 created a great disaster among women who could no longer go to school and university.

1 Like

Among the crises caused by not having the right to access education for girls, there are nervous pressures and disappointment in an uncertain and unknown life.

The Taliban’s decision to close schools for women in Afghanistan can be attributed to several factors, including their strict interpretation of Islamic law, which restricts women’s access to education and public life. The Taliban’s ideology emphasizes traditional gender roles and often views education for women as unnecessary or inappropriate.
Key issues or factors that supported the Taliban in making this decision include

• Cultural and religious beliefs: The Taliban’s adherence to conservative interpretations of Islam shapes their views on women’s education and societal roles, leading them to believe that girls should not receive formal education beyond a certain age or level.
  • Control over regions: The Taliban’s presence and control in certain areas of Afghanistan enable them to enforce their policies and restrictions on education, including the closure of schools for women.

Exactly, I understand you, thinking about the unknown future, being deprived of most places and other things, these can all be signs of their oppression.

1 Like

I think the main reason that taliban banned education for girls is their narrow minds as they are extremely religious people and they come from the backwarded provinces and regions of Afghanistan in city they lost themselves.

You and I live in Afghanistan, let’s talk about the realities we see with our own eyes. Girls are not completely deprived of the right to education. Today, there are only a few secrets that force themselves and do not open schools out of ignorance.

the next reason, I think these people doesn’t believe to themselves how they believe the girls and women and the community that they now live are all have negative minds about girls and women.

totally right, this unknown future cause a huge disaster and hopeless among girls.

Exactly, these people think that women are not for work and education, while Islam has given them the right to work and study according to Islamic rules.

It is not only the future of the girls that is unknown, but the future of the entire country is unknown

After 2021, online education has played a valuable role in educational sectors, especially for Afghan girls.

1 Like

The crisis of not having the right to education in Afghanistan has created problems for the female class that cannot be repaired, including the forced marriage of girls who are deprived of education.

Many educated women and professionals in Afghanistan are seeking to leave the country due to safety concerns and uncertainty about their future under Taliban rule. This brain drain could further impact the education sector and limit opportunities for women and girls in Afghanistan.

I agree with you

In the beginning, I hoped that they would fix the situation, but today, after 3 years, they still haven’t made a decision about this crisis, only opening some courses and schools.