Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1G

Nearly three years have passed since the Taliban closed the doors of schools to girls from the sixth grade onwards in Afghanistan. In light of this ongoing crisis, we will discuss the following from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM today.

Description and the time schedule:

1:30 PM -4:00 PM Summary Phase: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days. For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions:

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?
1 Like

Hi, I am Sonita Amiri from Herat Afghanistan ,Im G3

I belive the reason that Taliban close the schools door its that girls do not need to learn more than 6 classes and its not good for girls to be outside in society

Hi my name is mohammad basir my father name is Mohammad rahim I’m from Nangarhar and my current address is Kabul graduated from Nazoo ana high school in 2018 and graduated from Jalalabad university economics faculty .

Hi, its nice to meet you

First question answer the reason behind Taliban decision is Strict interpretation of Islamic Law: The Taliban adhere to a rigid interpretation of Islamic law and believe that girls’ education should be limited to religious studies and specific vocational skills deemed appropriate for their gender roles.

The second question. The factors that have supported the Taliban to take such a decision are most likely to attract humanitarian aid or to force the international community and other countries to recognize the Taliban government, so that the condition of recognizing their government is to open schools for girls.

The third question. First, have to wait for a miracle for the Taliban to reopen the schools, because the Taliban only accept their laws and nothing else.

The key factor is supported Taliban to make decisions is Lack of access and infrastructure
Unequal distribution of schools Schools are often scarce, particularly in rural areas, limiting access for both boys and girls, but disproportionately affecting girls due to cultural norms
Shortage of female teachers The lack of female teachers, especially in conservative communities, creates a significant barrier for girls’ enrollment and retention in schools.

Im zakia from kabul

1 Like

Etminan Alizada from baghlan user ID B1G2

Etminan Alizada from baghlan user ID B1G2

Absolutely, they think girls education its not necessary.

Maybe it’s because of gender discrimination

Ans 1: I think the reasons for the closure of schools by the Taliban are the backwardness of Afghan women and children’s education and they have taken a stand against women’s education.

Ans 2: The factors that encouraged the Taliban to do this were the support of Pakistan and religious extremists.

Hi Zakia Jan , its good to see u

1 Like

Ans 3: The solutions that I suggest is to put pressure on the local elders and the United Nations on this group to open this group of schools.

Solution for reopen girl school in my opinion is Promote Islamic teachings that support girls’ education: Collaborate with influential religious scholars and leaders to emphasize Islamic principles that value knowledge and education for all, regardless of gender.
Community dialogues and awareness campaigns: Facilitate community-level dialogues and awareness campaigns to challenge traditional beliefs and address misconceptions surrounding girls’ education.

The silence of the people inside Afghanistan gives courage to the Taliban

1 Like