Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1H

Nearly three years have passed since the Taliban closed the doors of schools to girls from the sixth grade onwards in Afghanistan. In light of this ongoing crisis, we will discuss the following from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM today.

Description and the time schedule:

1:30 PM -4:00 PM Summary Phase: Please work collaboratively as a team to summarize the top 5 key problems and their best ideas and solutions generated over the past two days. For each question, list the top 5 main issues and then the top 5 solutions:

1. How do you think online technology can be useful as an alternative for girls to gain access to education in Afghanistan?
  2. What key issues do girls in Afghanistan face in accessing the internet and online educational tools?
  3. What solutions do you propose to address and resolve these issues and help girls access the internet and online education in Afghanistan?
1 Like

Hello, I am Imdadullah I am happy to be with you In this survey

Salam and Good Morning
Happy to can access to this discussion.
About the girls school that is banned by the taliban can say that.
The Taliban closed schools for women due to their strict interpretation of Sharia law, desire to control societal roles, adherence to conservative cultural norms, claimed security concerns, and internal divisions within the group.

Hello I am Tahira Akbari I am happy that I am with you in this survey and that I can, as an Afghan girl deprived of the right to study and work, so that we can bring the voice of girls to the ears of the countries of the world.

In relation to the issue that the reasons for the Taliban’s decision to close girls’ schools are;
Afghanistan is the only country where education for women and girls has been prevented, the Taliban have continued to ban women’s education under the name of Sharia. The Taliban consider the educational curriculum to be un-Islamic and say that girls do not wear hijab, which is not true But in my opinion, the reason for blocking the schools and banning the education of girls is the political reason that the Taliban uses the international community to get Amitaz.

During this period, the Taliban use the way women and girls dress as an excuse and in this way repress them so that they do not go to school and university. While Afghanistan is an Islamic country, there is no fault in the way women dress.

There are many key factors and beliefs; 1- The intellectual beliefs of the Taliban: that the Taliban consider themselves bound by Islamic laws and consider the education of girls against Sharia 2- Gender segregation: They consider women weak and small 3- Power control in the society: By preventing the education of girls, they want to reduce the power of half of the society and have full control of the society. 4- Fear of empowering women: They are afraid that if women are educated, they will gain more power and become defenders of human rights, and the power of the Taliban will decrease.

In order to reopen the schools, the most important thing is to put pressure on the Taliban from the world community and international countries, impose sanctions from a political and economic point of view. Schools and infrastructures should be restored and built again to motivate women and girls, and in this work, the whole society should encourage them. And the international countries should provide all-round financial and political support to Afghan women.

Greetings of the day,

I’m Zohra, I want to provide my opinion about your question, the Taliban banned the educational centers for girls and women in Afghanistan and have restrictions for girls education, so thank you in advance from your organization to provide this big opportunities for girls and women and provided online classes and trainings to improve and develop their knowledge also by attending these beneficial classes they could learn and serve more.

According to the Taliban, the reason behind closing schools for girls is that they want the world/International Council to recognize their government
The Taliban do not recognize the international recognition and they put pressure on the girls
And to solve this problem, they should either be recognized or an inclusive government should be established and that’s the solutions to reopen schools for girls

2- We are afghan people and the have provided restrictions for afghan girls and women we just want them to open educational centers for girls and women.

3- If they provide opportunities for girls to educate and make a plan and strategy for girls education it will be great.

For having a progressive and developed Afghanistan, it is very important that the Afghanistan girls and Women learn and serve and have achievements.

And the taliban used to say that from the point of view of Sharia, law girls should go to school and university in hijab and their classes should be separate, girls’ class and boys’ class, and the teacher should be female
In the current situation, for girls classes afghan girls agree to all their conditions, such as hijab, etc but taliban still they have not shown any reaction.

Security problems are also very worrying, the Taliban group’s wars in the country a few years ago caused some families to not allow their daughters to go to school, and now the Taliban has closed all schools for girls, which has caused depression and worry for most girls has been .

To reopen schools want the other countries International Negotiations and Engage in direct talks with the Taliban.

The other solution,
Educational Alternatives Provides home-based or online learning options.

Poverty and economic problems in the current society of Afghanistan have had a very bad effect on the education of girls, which has caused forced and underage marriages of girls. During the time of the Taliban, many girls were married, which is very unfortunate.

And also one of the best ways to solve this problem is to make an awareness campaign to Promote the benefits of girls’ education.

Another reason may be that the Taliban say that we do not have the budget to pay female teachers, but previously the number of 12th grade graduates was 100,000 per year, but now it has reached 50,000, but the majority of them are girls. every year, 300,000 people were able to get higher education, but this year only that number has dropped to 50,000
at present, the solution is to use the online system for girls and provide them with online education.