Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1I

I agree. In addition to international pressure, providing direct support to underground education initiatives and leveraging social media to raise global awareness can also help support the rights of girls and women in Afghanistan.

I agree. Given that the Ministry of Higher Education in Afghanistan is under Taliban control, there is a significant question about whether the Taliban would allow scholarships for girls to be utilized effectively.

Applying pressure on the Taliban to comply with international norms regarding women’s rights requires a strategic and coordinated approach. I think these specific actions the international community could take:
1.Monitoring and Reporting
Regular Reporting Mechanisms: Establish systems for regular reporting on the status of women’s rights in Afghanistan, involving international human rights organizations to document abuses.
Accountability Frameworks: Develop frameworks that hold the Taliban accountable for their commitments to women’s rights, including potential legal repercussions.
2.Cultural Engagement
Community Dialogues: Facilitate dialogues between local communities and international representatives to promote understanding and respect for women’s rights within cultural contexts.
Cultural Sensitivity Training: Provide training for international actors on cultural sensitivity to ensure approaches are respectful and effective.
3.Long-term Commitment
Sustained Engagement: Maintain a long-term commitment to supporting Afghan women, recognizing that societal change takes time and persistence.
Integration into Foreign Policy: Make women’s rights a key component of foreign policy towards Afghanistan, ensuring it remains a priority in international relations.
By implementing these specific actions, the international community can create a comprehensive strategy to apply pressure on the Taliban, encouraging them to comply with international standards regarding the rights of women and girls in Afghanistan. This multifaceted approach combines diplomacy, economic measures, support for civil society, and sustained engagement to drive meaningful change.

Yes, the media plays a crucial role in this matter, as it is one of the most powerful tools in shaping public opinion and influencing government policies. The media can be instrumental in both building and challenging government actions.

They allow some how but there are some fully scholarship countries give to minster of education what Taliban do they introduce their families

In my opinion, the Taliban may nominate fewer girls for these scholarships, and those who are nominated may face significant challenges and controversy.

Yes, social media plays an important role in this case.

yeah your right

Yes, your right girl may face many challenges

1 Like

Yeah Bro I agree with you

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

I agree but What steps do you think could ensure that scholarships are used effectively for girls’ education despite the challenges?

In my opinion, if countries offering scholarships to Afghan girls provide these opportunities through online platforms, many potential issues could be avoided. The Taliban would have not limited ability to intervene in online courses, ensuring that girls can access education without the same level of restriction imposed on in-person learning. This approach could provide a viable solution to the current barriers faced by Afghan girls in pursuing their education.

In my opinion To make sure scholarships are used well, international groups could oversee the process and ensure transparency. Setting up alternative programs outside Taliban control might also help.

However, these international groups are not allowed to supervise inside Afghanistan, because when the scholarship comes to Afghanistan, the responsibility of monitoring and selecting people is in the hands of ministry of higher education, and if these international groups interfere, there will be a problem between the two countries. Legally, they are not allowed to interfere

Yeah great point but the girls should follow online scholarships as well, because it will be beneficial for all girls who don’t have passport

1 Like

Thanks

Great point you mentioned

We can do this by NGO so much easily

I agree that is great