Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B2F

Today as it is the final day, we are going to conclude our discussion, as discussed about reasons why Taliban banned education for women. we have discussed about several reason which I think important reasons are:

• Talibans ideology and their believes, norms and culture
  • A good way of putting pressure to international community to be recognized
  • Putting pressure to introduce and show a harsh face to the world.
  • and they want to show to the world that they can do anything they want and they are not considering any international law or treaty or agreements.

Afghanistan needs and urgent action and attention from international community side to solve these problems and rescue the country

Hello everyone, let’s finalize our discussion’s points.

I believe the Taliban closed schools and universities for these four reasons:

1: The Taliban’s patriarchal ideology views women’s education as unnecessary and against their interpretation of Islamic teachings, perpetuating gender inequality and denying women their basic right to education.

1 Like

Hello everyone, let’s finalize our discussion’s points.

I believe the Taliban closed schools and universities for five reasons:

1. The Taliban’s patriarchal ideology deems women’s education unnecessary and contrary to their interpretation of Islamic teachings, reinforcing gender inequality and depriving women of their fundamental right to education.

Would love to hear your thoughts and any additional points you might have!

Dear Nilofar, online education may work for short time. The girls can study online but when they are graduated then what can they do? it dose not have any future. We need a deeper and begger action for a brighter future of country and it’s residents.

1. The worsening security situation in Afghanistan has made it dangerous for women to pursue education, with the threat of violence, harassment, and reprisals from the Taliban leading many to abandon their studies.
  1. Traditional cultural norms and societal expectations hinder women’s education, as deeply ingrained beliefs about women’s roles and limited opportunities for girls perpetuate gender inequality and restrict access to educations.
  1. Traditional cultural norms and societal expectations hinder women’s education, as deeply ingrained beliefs about women’s roles and limited opportunities for girls perpetuate gender inequality and restrict access to education.
  1. Afghanistan’s education system has long faced a shortage of resources, including qualified teachers, infrastructure, and educational materials. The recent crisis has worsened this issue, making it even more difficult for women to access quality education.

Dear kubra
In the current situation, online education is a very important solution for continuing the education of girls. Despite the challenges that might arise after graduation, this method can help girls acquire essential skills and continue to progress when in-person education is not possible. However, I agree that alongside this approach, we should also consider more comprehensive and long-term solutions to ensure a brighter future for them.

Yes, Suhrab I am also agreed. I also agree with you, one of the strongest reasons behind their work that they keep close the school’s door is their believes, their Islamic interpretation, and ideology.

1 Like

Overall, the Taliban closed schools and universities for women due to gender inequality rooted in their ideology, security concerns from the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, traditional cultural norms, and a lack of resources exacerbated by the recent crisis.

exactly, for the current situation online education can be one the best solutions for this problem to overcome this crisis. These online educations can be for school and university students, as well as some important and demanded courceses which need for job markets.

exactly, for the current situation online education can be one the best solutions for this problem to overcome this crisis. These online educations can be for school and university students, as well as some important and demanded courceses which need for job markets.

In my opinion, the Taliban’s opposition to education stems from their beliefs and incorrect interpretation of religion, and their ideology.

Exactly, given the current situation, online education stands out as one of the best solutions to address this crisis. Offering online schooling and university courses, along with job market-specific training, can be indispensable. This approach not only provides immediate educational access for Afghan girls but also equips them with valuable skills for future employment. It's essential to leverage technology to overcome barriers and empower young women in these challenging times.

Yes, Ms. Anna, as I mentioned, online education is crucial and vital in such conditions. Without online education, we risk having an uneducated society in 20 years. However, we face challenges with online courses that we need to address together through collective effort and problem-solving.

Yes, the importance of online education in these challenging conditions cannot be overstated. Without it, indeed, we risk having an uneducated society in 20 years. The identified challenges with online courses must be addressed collectively. Solutions such as leveraging technology, utilizing radio/TV, mobile units, NGO collaborations, and solar-powered devices offer hope. It’s through unity, innovation, and sustained efforts that we can overcome these barriers and ensure educational opportunities for all Afghan girls. Let’s continue this meaningful discussion and strive for impactful change together!

Exactly, I agree as well.