Women's Education in Afghanistan_Team B1I

Hello wish you all the best

1 Like

Regarding today’s issue, I believe the following are the five key reasons why the Taliban have closed schools for girls:

1: The Taliban adhere to a strict interpretation of Islamic law and gender roles, which includes conservative views on women’s education and their role in society. They believe that women’s primary responsibilities should be confined to domestic duties.

2: Restricting education for women is a means to exert control over the population. By limiting access to education, the Taliban can maintain their authority and reduce the potential for dissent or opposition, particularly from educated women who might challenge their rule.

3: The Taliban may use the restriction on girls’ education as a bargaining chip in negotiations with the international community. By controlling this aspect of society, they can pressure foreign governments and organizations to engage with them or meet certain demands in exchange for policy changes.

4: Some elements within Afghan society hold conservative views regarding gender roles and education. The Taliban may feel pressure to conform to these norms to maintain their support base and legitimacy among certain tribal and religious groups.

5: The Taliban might justify the closure of girls’ schools by citing security concerns, claiming that they are unable to ensure the safety of female students. This rationale, whether genuine or not, provides a convenient excuse to enforce their restrictive policies.

In my idea we must dial courses in our homes with women teachers that girls can use this

I thing taliban thing that women are more empowerment they afraid that promotion of women will distrbute them so they prevent from knowledge of women

Best idea

1 Like

Hello and good morning to everyone I hope this message finds you well.

1 Like

And other taliban are oposit of promotion of our country so they prevent from girls education

This is also a possibility
But in my opinion, the main reason for closing schools and universities is a political position to put pressure on the international community.

I agree with your points. Here are my thoughts:

1. Beliefs: The Taliban’s strict view of Islam limits women’s roles and education.

2. Control: They restrict education to keep power and stop educated women from opposing them.

3. Bargaining: They use girls’ education as a way to get what they want from other countries.

4. Support: They follow conservative views to keep support from traditional groups.

5. Excuses: They claim safety issues to justify closing girls’ schools and enforce their rules.

Good points you have mentioned I agree with your idea

1 Like

Great point, but what do you think about private courses which they teach holy quran, but in reality they must teach english and other subjects, but when taliban came they must say that we teach holy quran and let us.

Great points Of course Taliban goes with these five points you have mentioned in numbers

The Taliban assert that they are implementing Islamic laws in Afghanistan. However, in my opinion, this approach is fundamentally flawed because it misrepresents the true principles of Islam. Islam does not advocate for the suppression of education or the restriction of women’s rights. The actions of the Taliban create a distorted image of Islam, especially for those unfamiliar with its teachings, leading to misconceptions about the religion.

Okay I agree with you but I think the mean reason is their Mujahid’s because they were in deserts and when they see girls and womens even they can’t control their self because of that they use from islam and hijab.

Yeh maybe it be a reason

1 Like

good points

Yes, you are right

They misuse from islam and hijab cause our girls had islamic hijab in schools and now also they accept all conditions of taliban for going to school

1 Like

Its thier idea that women are just for houses they do not count women human

Yh I agree with you